Culross House, the only newly built townhouse-mansion currently for sale in London’s Mayfair. It consists of the transformation of the site of the Coach House of the Earls of Essex, into a new 8,051 sq.ft (747.99 sqn.) five bedroom ambassadorial house, complete with cinema/club room, swimming pool, spa complex and private rear garden.
The site of the new townhouse-mansion at 25 Culross Street, was originally occupied by the coach house for the head groom to the Capel family, the Earls of Essex, whose London townhouse was on Upper Grosvenor Street.
In 1814 25 Culross Street became the property of Sir Thomas Stepney, a wealthy industrialist. In 1929 the Stepney family had the coachhouse converted by architect Ernest G. Cole into a bijou brick fronted house which was let to a local businessman who had a shop on Mount Street. After World War Two it became known as ‘Culross Cottage’ and was owned by a number of families, gradually becoming outdated and run down.
Several years ago 25 Culross Street was acquired by ultra-prime developer K10 Group who submitted planning to entirely remodel the site into a magnificent newly built townhouse-mansion, known as Culross House.
Culross House has taken some 2.5 years to build, and is now available for sale and immediate occupation, built to an exacting and luxurious specification. The specification, immaculate interior design and dressing has been created by K10 Group working closely with leading international interior design house Argent Design.
K10 Group have skillfully designed the interiors of Culross House to be a celebration of the ‘Best of British’ classic design, with key rooms inspired by famous five star hotels and VIP venues from around the world. The furniture throughout the house is bespoke, designed by international interior designer.